[thelist] OT: Packet sniffer for the Mac

Tony Grimes algrimes at acs.ucalgary.ca
Mon Aug 28 04:10:04 CDT 2000

     Does anyone have a recommendation for a good packet sniffer for the
MacOS? The cheaper, the better.
     I'm writing a story on broadband security in my area and I want to
check how many stray packets are flying around on my local cable network
(@home). I don't need to decode them, just want to know if they're there.
Distinguishing between Windows and AppleTalk protocols would be a bonus.
TIA

.tony

<tip type="Mac Software Support Site">
Check out www.macintouch.com for the latest on software/hardware issues
relating to the Mac. Unlike the Mac 'gossip' sites out there, this site is
a place where you can voice genuine concerns and recieve help from the Mac
community at large (including Adobe).

Recent topics:
1) Quality control issues with new Macs
2) How Illustrator 9 sucks and what to do about it
</tip>