[thelist] WWW.TV - Domans with TV? Register Domains With TV?

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Tue Aug 29 17:54:26 CDT 2000

Patricia -

The country that owned the 'rights' to the .tv domain name, Tuvalu, sold
those rights to a private registrar service - 'dotTV' i think they're
called.

At any rate, the country sold its rights to the .tv top level domain for
a minimum of $4million per year for ten years to make life better for
the people of the country..

Any country could sell the rights to its top level domain name, or make
money off hosting sites on that domain. Another popular one is the .to
domain which offers redirection services. These services give ya a
directory on a domain like http://go.to/somewhere or
http://come.to/yourpage

Hopefully that sheds some light on what you were asking, if not, just
shout and we'll get more in depth :)

.djc.