[thelist] design feedback

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Aug 30 18:40:55 CDT 2000

From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

> holy cow, you *did* steal that CSS...

a-heh a-heh a-heh...hmm...how does one blush with emoticons?

Wholesale, man. I'm still figuring out some of the CSS stuff and this sheet
(well, the original, not mine) is pretty much a "how to make a functional
and kick-ass stylesheet" tutorial, especially with the visual cues from the
actual site up there. I actually am going through and changing some things
around and I need to account for variable font sizes rather than locking it
down, but this was just too good a place to start from. I stand in full
admiration, and I hope that you understand this is not just "Oh, cool,
Adrian's already done everything. Now I don't need to!" This stylesheet has
taught me more about degradeable CSS than anything else I've read.

For those of you that don't know what we're talking about, I lifted
aardvark's stylesheet from the new evolt design that's currently being
hashed out (read more about it on thesite mailing list.)

> glad i could help... lemme know if you have any questions about
> what's in there... i'm curious why all your classes and such are in
> all-caps....

I think it's because when I went to look at the sheet, IE opened it in
FrontPage 2000, which did its little Microsoft dance on it.

Dave

David McCreath
work: http://www.asd.k12.ak.us/
home: http://home.gci.net/~mccreath/