[thelist] design feedback

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Wed Aug 30 19:15:30 CDT 2000

> 3) http://www.asd.k12.ak.us/august_discon/aug30/banner3.htm

David,

I'm probably coming in on this thread late, but I wouldn't go with any of them
as they are.

However, start with banner3.htm, and then tweak it. Get the home/help/errors nav
to align with "the district connection". Then have the content below that align
with it also.

Then, get options/logout to align with the login info above it.

It'll do wonders for the structure of your design.

Here's a screenshot of a design I've been working on recently:
http://triplezero.com.au/production/beaumont/front_6.jpg

You can see how I've taken care to align many elements near the sidebar(the
header logo, the header nav, the style gallery title, the intro image, content,
and then shortcut links). The design is very average, but without that
alignment, it'd be in poor shape.

isaac