[thelist] Flash help and a thanks

Warren warren at warrenworld.com
Thu Aug 31 14:27:42 CDT 2000

First of all I would like to say thanks to Matt, Martin and Aardvark for
helping me on SUNDAY with my auto-generated online pdf files questions. I
got my bid in on  time...thanks.

And now we move on....I have a client who wants a flash movie published
online that will be the equivalent of a souped up PowerPoint presentation.
There will be a narrative in the background with different text, photos,
etc. appearing on screen during the narrative.  There is 14:30 minutes of
narrative and then 7 minutes of trestimonials. This has been provided on
disk as a wav file (216 megs worth) that I will need to downsample, etc.

My question is...should I attempt to make this one movie, or should I break
it up into smaller movies (this is what I'm thinking) that call each other
at the end of the previous one. Of course the main issue is how long it
takes for viewers to actually see something on screen.

BTW...I should mention that the viewers will have been sent to the site by a
representative specifically to view this presentation, and will have been
"educated" before hand on approx. download times, recommended computer
configurations and will be instructed to have the latest flash plug-in.

warren
wordsandpictures.com
warrenworld.com