[thelist] Moving from NT to Unix

Christopher Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Fri Sep 1 09:11:36 CDT 2000

     We are moving some production sites from a Windows NT machine to a
     Unix machine soon.  I have been asked to give a list of possbile
     problems that might occur while doing so.  ie...filenames, paths. ip
     changing......

     Can anyone suggest some things that they have noticed when do this
     same thing?  Everything is welcome.  No matter how big or small it may
     be.  These systems are using Cold Fusion.

     Thanks

     CDitty

     <tip - Filenames>
     When developing, try to stick with one case size for filenames.  If
     you develop on a Win machine and use Unix for a server, Index.htm is
     different than index.htm.

     It also makes things TONS easier if someone has to go behind you to
     troubleshoot or edit the code.

     1 down - 30,000 to go.  ;^)
     </tip>