[thelist] Linux Simple Installation Wanted

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Tue Sep 5 11:51:57 CDT 2000

Jorah Lavin wrote:

> Now, you just KNOW what my next question has to be... "What do you
> recommend?"  One of the Blue Books?

Linux in a Nutshell, 3rd edition -
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxnut3/
Running Linux, 3rd edition - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/runux3/

These are good for a high level intro to linux and even get into some of
the nitty-gritty details. If you'd like a more advanced list, just shout
:)

> Thanks to everyone for the feedback on Linux.  I just landed a spiffy quick
> half-day job which will earn me enough for a book and the shrink-wrapped
> software, so I'm psyched.

Cool, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

.djc.