[thelist] More Flash Help Please

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Sep 6 14:03:40 CDT 2000

At 8:45 AM 9/6/0, Warren wrote:
> Is this an Adobe LiveMotion problem and do I have to have
> Macromedia Flash to keep sounds and graphics in-sync.

Try this overview... ignore the parts about "streaming synch", but the
basics about the file format can carry over into other SWF-creating tools.

"Synching audio in the Macromedia Flash Player"
http://www.macromedia.com/go/14108

(btw, the Macromedia Flash Technotes contain much info which can be
helpful, produced by the in-house tech support staff here... you're welcome
to use this resource even though you're supporting a company which tried to
stop Macromedia Flash 5 from shipping.... ;-)

> (BTW I bought Live Motion because I use Illustrator, Photoshop
> and InDesign regulary so I thought I would keep things the same).

Actually, Adobe bought a third-party development effort for ImageStyler
(originally called "FinePoint"), and when this product was dropped the team
added a timeline and SWF export to make LiveMotion. You'll note how terms
like "layer" mean very different things here, how the finger motions differ
from the AfterEffects timeline, the difficulty in editing shapes from
Illustrator, etc. The company logo is the same, though.... ;-)

jd