[thelist] CF: Email attachments on the fly

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Wed Sep 6 19:10:54 CDT 2000

Martin,

Sorry I missed your message first time round!

>Couldn't you just do it thusly (assuming the file is a binary one):
>Take the data
>UUencode/base64encode it (rfcs 2045, 2046 & 2049)
>Create a mime id (eg ol_funkyMimeAttach.a_time_stamp)
>stick the following in the message body:
>
>--your_mime_id
>
>your_base64encoded_data
>--your_mime_id

that was the "doing in manually" option that i was to fall back on, it is
what i've done in perl before.  i will just have to experiment to make sure
<cfmail> actually lets me set a MIME separator header.

haven't tried it yet, i have other more pressing tasks, but if/when i get
it going i'll post it to thelist as my first ever (woohoo!) cf tip
:)  always a momentous occasion.

>99% certain this is doable in Perl

100% actually, i do it all the time

>, dunno about CF.

aye :)

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz