[thelist] securing images

Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca
Thu Sep 7 11:48:57 CDT 2000

> http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/allmine/Alabama.html
>
> I'm no pro at this by no means, as you'll see

hi teresa

stop beating yourself up  ;o)

i think everybody's web sites started out that way

mine did, anyway

i think you could get away with the scan of the newspaper article,
strictly speaking it's copyright, but i just don't see the newspaper
coming after you for it (though perhaps the guy who took the photo,
william t martin, he might)

the photos you took are fine, copyright-wise, although the second one is
not really that interesting (i know the band is in there somewhere but all
i see is the lit up backs of the people in the foreground)

the band picture is probably not okay, although if i were in a band, i
would *want* people to download and use our images, but then, what do i
know...

now, what you could do, you could get somebody to take a picture of you
holding the band picture -- makes for a much nicer image, a lot more
interesting

rudy
r937.com

p.s. jeff, your post was great, it should be an article, i'd like to be
able to simply point people to the url rather than have to explain it
again...