[thelist] RE: HTML test (tip): The other side.

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Sep 8 12:56:14 CDT 2000

Busy week, back at this topic.

I can't send in the whole quiz, I will put out one question that so far
no-one has answered "correctly", and has since been pulled from the
quiz. Remember this is for a "design technologist" position - whose main
business will be implementing designs in html/css. Getting a glimpse of
the candidate's knowledge of this, as well as their attitude and
approach to tackling tasks is the purpose of the quiz

"How would you place a 100x100 red square in the top left corner of the
page."
(this comes in the context of a bunch of css questions).

Hint: this is a simple question, but at all times this should be
approached as a real-life problem. No browser requirements are
specified, so appropriate work-arounds, caveats should be supplied.
(Ambiguity is deliberate - this is not a multiple choice, yes/no type of
quiz. This person will be working with designers - notoriously ambiguous
people :)

(the hint is not given in the test)

sam