[thelist] RE: HTML test (tip): The other side.

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Fri Sep 8 13:19:00 CDT 2000

Of course, my answer comes in the context of a set of CSS questions. More
degradable ways range from a simple .gif to a table cell with background
color (probably including setting margins to zero in the body tag). It is
kind of an ambiguous question, isn't it.

If I was actually asked to do this, my first question would be "Why? What
is it gonna be used for?" That would probably determine the "correct"
answer...

<tip type="javascript">
 Need an anchor for activating some DHTML in NS for an element that doesn't
support onClick()? The easiest way I've found is to create a function

function waste() {}

and use it in the href of the anchor

don't forget to hide your status if you don't want your users seeing ugly
javascript.

I know there may be cleaner ways to do this, but this has NEVER broken on
me (yet... knocks on head)
</tip>

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"