[thelist] Really bad design from an organisation that should know better

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 12 19:08:09 CDT 2000

> From:  "Walker, Matthew" <Matthew.Walker at cdc.org.nz>
>
> If you have nothing better to do, check out the contrast (or lack
> thereof) on the navigation rail at the top of
> http://www.mla.org/style/style_top_index.htm . Amazing huh?

wow... what is "Membership   o"?

that site really sux0rz (is that the correct slang, dan?)

> Personally, my experience has been that some of the absolute worst Web
> design emanates from the realms of academia. Have others noticed that
> or is it just me?

my alma mater...
http://www.buffalo.edu/

super-small fonts, tiny text-gifs, select-menu navigation, fat
animated gif, no 'go' *buttons* on the form fields... etc.

it's noticeably better than when i interviewed for a position over
there and i was quizzed on how to improve the home page... if
you've seen any of my critiques, you can imagine i wasn't too
popular after i hammered it...

yes, academia...

oh, and artists... but that's a whole different can of worms...