[thelist] PDF to HTML

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed Sep 13 11:08:23 CDT 2000

Hi, Niklaus --

Assuming that you don't have the original docs (the ones used to create the
PDFs in the first place), there isn't an easy AND fast AND accurate way to
do this. In addition to the methods already offered, there's also this:

http://access.adobe.com

The main purpose of the tool is to provide accessibility for PDFs to
adaptive technology (like screen readers), but it's got other uses, as well.
I've started providing a link to the page for all the PDFs I put on the
District site (there are between a dozen and two dozen associated with each
bi-weekly board meeting).

Give it the URL of a PDF doc and it translates it to raw HTML. The basic
option inserts a <br> for every line feed; there's an advanced option for
re-flowing the paragraphs. It doesn't really do formatting, but it creates
WAY cleaner HTML than saving a Word document as HTML, for example.

Good luck!

PS -- Your English is fine. :)

Dave
home: http://home.gci.net/~mccreath/