[thelist] thanks and easy questions

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Wed Sep 13 16:07:07 CDT 2000

> Why use a .GIF when you can just set the width of the <td width="20"> and
> use &nbsp;??

Just for the record, I tried the above method & found a problem. When I
tried this it looked great in I.E. but when I looked at it on my boss' Mac
the table went weird because the type size was different (smaller) and,
therefore, the table was smaller. Not being 100% sure of CSS at the mo,
which possibly could have solved the problem, using spacer gifs made it
easier to work with tables across different browsers regardless of type
size.