[thelist] cable modem bandwidth

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Thu Sep 14 13:57:30 CDT 2000

At 10:41 PM 9/13/00 -0500, Daniel J. Cody wrote:
>Satellites are a funny thing. Here's the skinny:<snip>

Much appreciated response, Daniel!

>The downside is you have to pay for a regular ISP connection to upload
>shit through your modem and you have to pay for the service the sat.
>provider gives you.

Oh! I know it isn't perfect but it sure beats the 1.3kb/sec we currently
get - just  burning those wires right up! ;) As we are in "the biz" it's
rather important particularly for those multi-meg log files. Doubt we'd
even consider it for personal use.

>If you(or anyone else) has questions about internet service, please feel
>free to ask. I know theres a ton of marketing shit out there that
>confuses alot of us. Hopefully we can clear some of that up here :)

Once again, much thanks!

cfn ... Jen
Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com