[thelist] Re: VoDSL

Cheryl Baringer cheryl.baringer at usa.alcatel.com
Thu Sep 14 14:42:13 CDT 2000

According to one of our own (Alcatel) press releases:

"Voice over DSL is a technology that allows additional voice calls to be
carried over normal telephone line. With the ADSL infrastructure in
place, up to 16 additional digital calls can now be added on to the
existing telephone wire, in addition to the traditional analog calls. "

So VoDSL allows a business or carrier to provide multiple voice
connections over one line. THAT's the "big deal".

Glad I can finally contribute to thelist after lurking for ages!
Cheryl Baringer
Alcatel USA