[thelist] Tables vs Layers

George Donnelly gsd at mac.com
Thu Sep 14 19:11:26 CDT 2000

I assume by layers we are taking about using CSS layout. is that right?
Using div's and span's etc?

If so, then I must say that this takes up a lot less Kb than using tables.
For a table I've got table, tr td th etc etc. for CSS layout its just <div>
and </div>. that's it, plus it renders faster than tables.

i do have to agree about browser support. But if done right, a lot of CSS
stuff can look ok from IE4+ and in the new NN.

Regards,
GEORGE DONNELLY
george at cyklotron.com
http://cyklotron.com/
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent. --Ayn Rand