[thelist] .lasso

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Fri Sep 15 21:18:04 CDT 2000

Heh. Feeling spunky, Dan? Sure, share.

As a regular user of the software, I have my own reasons, too. But I'd be
curious to hear yours. Have you had personal experience with it? Do you
think it's crap in comparison to other available products? Or just all on
its own?

I've never gone deeper than building some basic add/delete/update
applications with it. And I have to say, for basic stuff like that, on
low-traffic sites, it's okay. The biggest limitation I face was the
FileMaker back end, and that's a whole different kettle of shiznit.

BTW, this is in NO WAY a challenge. I'm just curious. And I wasn't
attempting to put Lasso on equal footing with CF and ASP, nor was I
advocating for it. I was just pointing out that it's middleware.

> lassos are only good for cattle and bed posts... yeahhhh baby!

<clutching_pearls>Oh my!</clutching_pearls>

> .djc.

Dave