[thelist] Re: a horse! my kingdom for an XHTML horse! was RE: [thelist] Tablesvs Layers

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Sep 15 21:29:40 CDT 2000

>Whats the point of being prepared an re-writing everything

no, I don't mean rewrite everything.  I mean there's nothing wrong
with starting now and moving forward.

>But is it ever really going to replace HTML as the
>de-facto for web-markup? I doubt it..

Why do you doubt it?  There will be no further versions of HTML.  So
therefore HTML is dead & IF (yes, big if) the browsers support XML,
HTML will just fall into disuse & die.

>did support for HTML 2.0 or 3.2 fall away?

not yet.  maybe later.

***

I have been working on a site, and I think the XHTML spec has changed
once or twice since I started.  Will I now re-code it?  I will not.
Will I try to move ahead on the next project?  probably.  but that's
just me.

FWIW, this is my personal stuff.  If I actually get to code HTML 4
(aka kill font tags) in my work-for-hire, that will be just dandy
with me.

Do what you want.  Each site is different.  But there is no big
reason NOT to build a site with XHTML.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com