[thelist] Crumb-trail navigation with SSI on Windows?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 16 12:46:46 CDT 2000

> From: Jorah Lavin
>
> I've done some research online, but all the
> tutorials concern themselves
> with UN*X implementations, and I'd be setting up
> this site on an NT box
> running IIS 4.0 or something close to that.

i have written a simple function in ASP to break the current
path into a bredcrumb nav... but you have to use human
readable directory names and all... so this:

http://foo/virtual_library/assistance/

becomes this:

Home Page > Virtual Library > Assistance : Page Name

where everything before the ':' is a link back up the
path...

very low-budget, very simple... will work best with sites
where the directories are pretty deep, not with a site that
uses one page and a query string for *everything* on the
site...