[thelist] getting around disabled 'view-source' (was: (no subject))

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sat Sep 16 14:18:21 CDT 2000

>From memory (so might be slightly different)...

menubar...
.tools -> internet options -> security tab
.make sure you're selected security domain is 'internet sites' or whatever
(the general security group)
.click on the "custom level" button
.scroll down until you see "scripting" or "active scripting"
.set all options to "prompt" (so you don't forget to turn it back on
later -- believe me, you'll remember)

Then, when prompted if you want to allow scripts to run on that page, just
select "no".

View -> Source on the menubar didn't work? Ouch.

I know this works in NN, but try using view-source: as the pseudo-protocol
for the page (rather than http:).

HTH,

--
mattwarden