[thelist] More About Domains

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Sep 18 20:50:18 CDT 2000

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to find out some information about moving registrars for
some of the domains that I am in charge of.  They are currently registered
with NSI or Register.com.  Clients have heard that domains can now be
purchase for low fees, and they do not want to have to pay the fees that
these two companies insist upon.  I've approached a couple of different
registrars, and they've said the same thing, can't be changed.  Have to wait
until it is up for renewal and let it expire then hope you can grab the name
again before someone else does.

I'm not satisfied with the service I am getting, nor the price I am paying
.. so, I'm stuck?  Is this true?  If not, any suggestions?  Is there a
governing body that I can go too and say, I want to move my domain to this
registrar as I like their price/services, etc. a lot better than the old
company.  Or does it mean that NSI and others never have to improve anything
as they already have so many registrations, they'll be rolling in the dough
for years and years to come?

btw, I'm talking about dot.com and dot.net addresses specifically.  What's
going down up here in Canada .. I haven't a clue yet. <G>

Michele

Michele Foster
WordPro Services
Aurora, Ontario, Canada