[thelist] I owe! I owe!

Scott Johnson owolf at advancenet.net
Tue Sep 19 00:09:03 CDT 2000

>>I think it sounds like they (UP) have had some turnover in the IT department
>>and the new folks know NT and don't know Mac.

They don't know Mac, jack!

<tip>
If you spend a lot of time at the Windows NT command prompt you might
want to make this Registry change.  WARNING! LARK'S VOMIT! You should
know that altering the Windows Registry is not for the faint of heart
since you can royally screw up your machine.  Back up first before you do
any Registry hacking, just in case.

1. Start up RegEdit.exe.
It's located in the "C:\winnt" directory or whatever drive letter your
boot drive is and "\winnt".

2. Move to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" by
clicking the little "+" next to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" in the left pane,
then repeating for each part of the path.

3. Doubleclick on the righthand pane label "CompletionChar".

4. Make sure the Base radiobutton on the righthand side is set to
hexadecimal, enter the number 9 in the Value Data field, and then click
OK.

5. Close RegEdit.

6. You'll have to at least log off and then log back in, but I've noticed
that sometimes you have to reboot for the change to take effect.

Now whenever you press TAB from a command prompt it will complete the
file name you've typed.  Repeatedly pressing TAB will cycle through all
the files beginning with the letters you manually typed.

</tip