[thelist] CSS problems

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Sep 19 10:12:43 CDT 2000

Tony,

>      We're launching a new site soon and the CSS is driving us crazy.
> Everything is linked to an external sheet and all styles work except for
> CLASS="webheading" which makes the story headline 14pt Times,
> no-decoration and coloured dark blue. It's just the one style that's not
> working, which leads me to believe it's an inheritance issue, but I can't
> find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
> And here's the style sheet (.webheading is near the bottom):
> http://www.ucalgary.ca/~gauntlet/eg/css/eG_style.css

	Some of your CSS declarations are using parens instead of curly
braces (not good :). The declaration immediately preceding the .webheading
class does this; if you correct the syntax error, .webheading should work.
The earlier suggestion of running your CSS through the W3C validator is a
good one, especially if you are having problems.

hth,
James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com