[thelist] CSS problems

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Sep 19 13:06:16 CDT 2000

Chris Williams wrote:
> Font properties have to be declared separately; there is no catch-all
> "font" property.

	Hmmm. You might want to recheck your reference (or get a new one),
as there is, in fact, a shorthand CSS "font" property (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#font). You are right about quoting font-family
names that contain whitespace (it's not required, but not doing so can
produce unpredictable results).

> Also, you have created about 50 separate classes in your stylesheet--all
> for the P tag--but in your HTML you reference them in your A and SPAN
> tags.  That's probably not going to give you the results you want.

	What makes you think that they're all for the P tag? Only one is
assigned explicitly to the P element. He has an awful lot of classes, and
could probably simplify things a bit, but I assume he uses this style sheet
for multiple pages. The primary problem with Tony's CSS were the syntax
errors, which he has apparently fixed.

James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com