[thelist] location.reload() question

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue Sep 19 15:22:40 CDT 2000

It's a gem...

<tip type="JavaScript" Author="Anthony Baratta">

This returns focus to the opening window and replaces the URL with a copy of
itself.
(if the URL is an ASP or CF file, this forces a reload of the page
automatically). Then
the pop-up window closes itself.

<!--
    function CleanUp() {
        opener.focus();
        opener.location.href = opener.location;
        self.close();
    }
// -->

I've found that this gets around the "Form posting window" that is generated
when you
are "refreshing" a page that previously was called with the post method.
</tip>

Thanks Anthony!

Seth

Seth Bienek