[thelist] mysql

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Wed Sep 20 06:08:08 CDT 2000

>The other thing I'd like to know is: within the one db that I have could I
>set up a number of tables that aren't related.  ie I have 3 tables within
>the db that relate to a certain site and then I set up 2 more tables in
the
>same db that contain data about another site.

hi adrian

yes, you can have tables in the same database that are unrelated -- hey,
don't worry, you'll do fine, at least you aren't setting up separate
databases  ;o)

reading your description, though, i have a suspicion that the data about
the one site and the data about the other site are the same *types* of
data, in which case you'll want them in the same table (or tables, if it
takes several tables to hold a single site's data)

this all sounds way too abstract -- can you give specific examples of the
types of fields you have in the tables?

rudy
r937.com