[thelist] printing out a webpage that doesn't cut off the last inch to the right

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Wed Sep 20 14:22:38 CDT 2000

> Please can someone explain what you need to do to make sure that your
> website will print out fully on A4 standard paper that most people have in
> their printer.

Some tests I did a while back showed 671 pixels as the maximum width.
So you would have to ensure a fully liquid page - or one with no fixed
width elements (images, tables, etc) wider than this.
If it's a fixed width table kind of layout, it's a funny looking size -
doesn't fit 800x600 very well, and too big for 640x480.
So the seperate page / template is usually the way to go.

you could do your own tests - try printing this:
http://www.sam-i-am.com/misc/testsuite/measuring/rulers2.html

my NN4.7 printing onto legal size paper (portrait) shows 685 pixels
wide, and about 1140 pixels high

Sam