[thelist] including $variables in php

Eric Engelmann eric at geonetric.com
Thu Sep 21 09:35:49 CDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
So that I dont have to hard code colours of tables and other
things I used $variables to define them once and then used said variables.
Can I do the same in php?
</snip>

Yep.

<snip>
I tried using the "include('variable.php3')" but nothing happens.  In view
source I can see the include statement (but not
the variables that it was supposed to include).
</snip>

If I'm understanding you right, you shouldn't see the include statement in
Can you echo anything out to the page? That will verify that the PHP engine
is running properly.
Or, can you post the PHP code in its entirety?

- Eric