[thelist] Site Review Please

Matthew Walker matthew at electricsheep.co.nz
Fri Sep 22 03:25:49 CDT 2000

> Originally the buttons were much smaller and more subdued....the client
> wanted BIG and LOUD

Which just goes to show that clients all over the world are big dumb beasts
that need a good pistol-whippin. Seriously, I'm just about at the limit of
what I can take from clients.

> They also insisted on the 'change the text size' info.

The key argument against things like this is that it makes the site look
unprofessional. So you say (in the nicest possible way), "if you wanted an
unprofessional looking site, why didn't you get your computer-geek son to do
it? Listen to me or take your idiot ideas and **** off." Perhaps I'm getting
a bit militant. It's been a long week.

> 'about'....my aim was to try and make  the list of members more readable
> across the 3 cols by making entries in alternate colours.....I guess this
> didn't work so back to the drawing board on that.
> Again thanks a lot for your crits they are really helpful

Try alternating the background colour just a tiny bit. To get it looking
good in IE + NN you will need to set <table border="0" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="say 10ish"> Another option would be just simply putting HRs
in -- difficult with the table, but you could do it by adding a <tr><td
colspan="3"><hr color="some pretty shade of aqua" size="1"
width="50%"></td></tr>