[thelist] JSP?

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Sun Oct 1 16:07:51 CDT 2000

I have a JSP question of sort...

Right now, I've been given access to a development server to run JSP. I'm
mainly an ASP developer, who dabbles with Perl, and who actually has her
formal training in C and C++ (but that's not related to the question).

Just how stable is JSP? I run a few functions, and if I screw up on the
syntax, the server goes down. Since Im east coast, and the server is west
coast, that often means I'm out for hours.  Right now, I'm new to JSP
(totally new, so my errors are beginner errors) and I'm evaluating the
technology.  I'm totally NOT impressed with the server crashing so easily.
Is this the way the server's been set up? Or is the technology just not
ready yet?
I mean, a syntax error should NOT crash a server....

Nicole