[thelist] css question: no spaces after a line....

Andy Olsen andyo at inxpress.net
Mon Oct 2 14:29:04 CDT 2000

At 01:36 PM 10/2/00, you wrote:
>ultimately, <div> and <span> are cop-outs... using them means
>either someone didn't take the time to look up an appropriate
>structural tag (to which you can apply styles) or someone is just
>sytling the content only, which then makes you wonder why it
>needs to look different, but not be different...

Really, it's a work-around for crappy browsers made by overpaid geeks. (See
below). The client does not want space beneath headings. I'd like to
accommodate that desire. It does look better, after all. The CSS spec's say
it should work, using the margin-bottom property.

>anyway, didja try the "margin-bottom" property i suggested the
>other day?  if so, any success?

Oh yeah. Long time ago. This property does not work in NS4.x or IE5.0 for
heading (H?) tags. That's been the core of the problem.