[thelist] pc/ mac and mac/ pc transfer?

Steve Maxey smaxey at bcr.com
Mon Oct 2 22:39:27 CDT 2000

At 07:39 PM 10/2/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Can anyone recommend some software to help ease the pain in transfering pc
>files to mac and vice-versa?
>
>I know that Macs are supposed to be easier in terms of reading pc files but
>I'm having trouble there with Flash files and with *any* Mac file on a PC.
>I'm living the dual OS existence so any advice would be wonderful!

I use both platforms and have no problems and no special software.

What sorts of problems are you having? How is it manifesting itself? How
are you transferring the files?

Are you making sure to include the file extensions on your Mac files before
trying to transfer them to the PC? That should solve most of the problem.

If you're having problems with the PC truncating file names, try using a
(PC-formatted) Zip disk rather than a floppy, or email them back and forth
(which I find easier than messing around with removable disks).

--Steve