[thelist] Hat-in-hand help request

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Tue Oct 3 11:16:24 CDT 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Hat-in-hand help request
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:51:21 -0400
From: Jack White <jwhite at blueridgewebdesigns.com>
To: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org

NEWSFLASH: Ex Air Force pilot makes fool of self masquerading as web
designer

REQUEST: An over-the-shoulder peek at code

Hi gang, this is my first post so please be gentle in your response.  As
part of my mid-life crisis I've decided to change careers and now spend
lots
of time wondering why I ever purchased FP2000.  Anyway, I'm stuck with
it
for the moment as I spool up in my HTML studies.

THE PROBLEM.  Can one of you "Code-Gods" tell me what I'm doing wrong
with
this form (see: http://www.sugarcreekfarmandinn.com/Reservations.htm)?

It looks fine in IE but NN, whoa baby--different story.  FP2000 entered
the
<TEXAREA> tags in lowercase instead of upper, so I changed that (though
from
my reading I don't think this matters).   It also reversed the col/row
sequence (from what I see in my handy HTML book) but I also don't think
that
matters either.  Here's the code as I currently have it:

        feel we should be made aware of.
        <BR>
        <TEXTAREA name="Comments" cols="70" rows="6">Type your text
here</TEXTAREA>

The problem with the display in NN is that no textbox appears.

Thanks in advance for your help!

//signed//

Jack White
272 Laurel Mtn rd