[thelist] pc/ mac and mac/ pc transfer?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Oct 3 12:07:03 CDT 2000

>In regards to the Flash thing... I have a CD which I burned of a bunch of my
>files... one of which is a .fla Flash file which my Mac refuses to recognize
>and open. I suppose I could try and send it to myself from the PC but it's a
>massive file. I figured it had something to do with the OSs

Do the following:

AppleMenu: Control Panels: Internet

Make sure it's in advanced user mode: Edit: User Mode: Advanced

Click on the advanced panel, click on File Mappings

Add a new mapping with the following:

Extention: .fla (add anymore that you want delimited by commas)
Type: 'SPA '
Creator: 'MFL2'
Mime Type: application/x-shockwave-flash
Map Incoming: Yes
Map Outgoing: Yes
Default Format: Binary
Handle by: Saving to File

Hope this helps.
--

...and the geek shall inherit the earth...

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com