[thelist] Password authentication in NT - ADSI ?

india_design at yahoo.com india_design at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 08:42:12 CDT 2000

Hi Gang,
   I am setting up the local intranet for my company. Each user already has
an NT login for the local domain. I will make access to different areas of
the intranet site accessible depending on a password system. Will be giving
a login and password box where the user will have to enter user name and
password. Now to the question - can I ask the user to enter their NT
password, and if so, how do I authenticate that the password that they are
entering is the same as the domain password ?
   I could give the users access using ADSI without asking for a user name
and password, but I dont belive that to be a secure system.
TIA,
Regards,
Ashish