[thelist] Re: Macs and MS FTP...

Rob Keniger rob at bigbang.net.au
Thu Oct 5 23:13:01 CDT 2000

on 2000-10-06 1:39 PM, Frank at framar at interlog.com wrote:

> YES! YES! YES! DEAR GOD! I'M NOT ALONE!

Ditto. I have been totally frustrated by this.

> It sure would be nice if we could solve this. This has been one of my
> worst problems of late. I've often had to try several times to
> download a simple 2 text file. Downloading a directory is out of the
> question.

Same.

> Using Interarchy, I did a TCP trace ('traffic' in Interarchy) and
> there was one and only one noticeable difference. The FTP server
> frequently fails to say "Ok, I'm all done now".

As well as my Macs, I have also tried this on a Solaris box and
(interestingly enough) the same problem exists. Basically, the directory
listing never ends - it just hangs there indefinitely after sending the file
list.

It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen about 97% of the time.

My windows and linux boxes do not exhibit the problem.

A solution would be very nice...

--

Rob Keniger

big bang solutions