[thelist] color blindness

Adrian Fischer info at aussiebidder.com
Fri Oct 6 02:22:18 CDT 2000

Hi Gang,

Im colour blind and how things look is/has never been an issue.  My level of
colour perception is about as bad as it can get.  People are forever
saying..."what color is that.....?"  Its not as if you cant see colours it
is usually that certain colour combinations are sometimes hard to
distinguish between.

With me its red/green.  Depending on the amount for either colour in a
combination I may not notice the red (until its bought to my attention).  On
the other hand give me something red and I know its red (same with green).
It is certainly not a case of walking around all my life going
"...yuck....they certainly haved taken into consideration my colour
blindness!"

Having been a web citizen for many years now I can honestly say that colour
blindness has never been an issue for me.  If a site looks like crap to me,
it probably looks like crap to you.

Hey I wonder.....if Ive done sites that look good to me...does that me they
might look like crap to you with they way Ive mixed colours?  Lets face it.
We arent creating art here.  If you use colours sensibly then theres a very
good chance that it will be viewable and pleasing to all.

Now I have a friend that has no index finger...he has trouble right clicking
his mouse......how can I make his web experience more pleasurable.......

Adrian