[thelist] ot (repost?)

Adam Squier asquier at exobox.com
Fri Oct 6 12:21:50 CDT 2000

I seem to have re-posted my earlier reply inadvertently. Sorry. Here's a
tip:

<tip type="color" author="Adam Squier">

If you're concerned with the apparent brightness or contrast of your color
schemes, here's an easy trick I learned a while ago:

On a Mac, go to your control strip and change your monitor to grayscale.
Then you'll be seeing the values of your colors. If they look OK in black
and white (and grays), there's a good chance they'll be readable for folks
who are color-blind.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to change your monitor settings in
Windows but it's worth a trip to your monitor properties to check it out
periodically.

</tip>