[thelist] Linux/PHP/MySQL advantages over WinNT/ASP/MSSQL?

Lauri Väin optima at hot.ee
Fri Oct 6 14:35:27 CDT 2000

Jacob,

> Oh. Guess I better retool my assumptions about names. :)

Feel free to :-)
Yes, Lauri is a name for males here in Estonia and 80km north in Finland.
While in the US, GB and elsewhere Laurie is a name for mainly females. The
reason I used te word *mainly* in the last sentence is the following:
<SNIP author="Tamara Abbey">
Oh, I do remember your comment about us Americans thinking all Lauri's must
be girls -- well, they don't know their classic American Literature --
Louisa May Alcott, a famous 19th century writer, wrote a book called Little
Women and the sad young man who lived next door to the suffering sisters
was name Laurie. (I have a very valuable degree in English -- the degree
and a buck get me a cup of coffee!).
</SNIP>

Yours,
Lauri