[thelist] Macromedia vs. Adobe

Mike Migurski mike at cloudfactory.org
Sat Oct 7 11:51:27 CDT 2000

>>Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator are all de facto standards
>>for a reason: Macromedia got the web apps right first, and Adobe got the
>>design apps right first.
>
> From memory (and you're welcome to post the refuting dates - it's 1.22am
>here and I've been drinking), ImageReady was ahead of Fireworks - I was
>beta tester on both.

Oh, I meant that macromedia/adobe got them *right* first, not *released*
them first. There were tons of WYSIWYG tools for web design before
dreamweaver too, but DW was the first one that made any sense.

>I *still* like IR pre the PS bundling - it's a nice app which does exactly
>what it says on the tin. And for 70UKP or so, it was perfect.

Yeah, I like 1.0 a lot too, but I've foudn it difficult to get by without
the slice tools. I used to do all that by hand...

-mike.

                   michal migurski     mike at cloudfactory.org
                  tel:415.876.0939     AIM:migurski
    http://www.viberation.com/mike     ICQ:47513232