[thelist] copy/paste bugs

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 03:40:15 CDT 2000

I hate to type and run, but just so you know, you aren't alone.
I often do that, multiple ctrl-c's for the same reason.

Another annoyance - running ICQ with keyboard shortcuts on and
attempting a copy-merged (ctrl-shift-c) in photoshop.  grrrr...

Scott

--- Andrew Jones <aijones at northcoast.com> wrote:
> > i'm thinking that i have seen/had a similar problem with
> > "ctrl+c" and "ctrl+v" sometimes between apps, esp.
> > with the address bar in ie - [...] it seems like a little
> > bug where if i highlight something from a windows
> > properties box or something, i have to actually
> > right click, copy and then right click, paste to get it to
> work
> > otherwise it just does nothing.. dunno why but im guessing
> > it's a windows "feature".
>
>   I have the same problem. I use ctrl+c and ctrl+v all the
> time
> and sometimes (in various applications) the highlighted text
> does not get copied to the clipboard. (No, there's nothing
> wrong with my "ctrl" or "c" keys.) I've gotten in the habit of
>
> hitting ctrl+c several times quickly to assure the text gets
> copied. I see this behavior on several Win95/98 workstations
> (and, no, I'm not a dysfunctional typist).

=====
Xavier
 - Scott
   -- http://spork.ofdoom.com