[thelist] lasso/fmp headaches

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:20:00 CDT 2000

The former Webmaster set up scripts using Lasso & Filemaker Pro so
that the news guy could add news releases.  (Mac/WebSTAR server)
There's also a modify/delete form. lot of the lasso-generated pages
on the site seem kind of sketchy: they often don't work as expected.

Add to the problem that my understanding of Lasso & FMP is basically nil.

Last week a couple of releases had to be modified. I couldn't get the
form to work.  The only way I was able to do it successfully was to
go into FMP and modify/delete them by hand.

Next, the news release guy went to add a news release & it wouldn't work.

It returned an error that looks like this:

Error Message: File not found
Error Code:-9984

Action: nothing
Database: --
Table/Layout: --
Response: /news/nr_main/go.lasso

(etc.)

I have no idea what to do, or even if it is the script or the
database that is the problem.  I feel like I created this problem on
one hand, on the other hand, the "modify" form was doing this before
I ever touched the database.  Now the "add" form is doing the same
thing.

Can anyone help?

Erika