[thelist] DW2: PageMill cleaner?

Bob Davis bobd at lists.evolt.org
Mon Oct 9 16:37:47 CDT 2000

on 10/9/00 5:12 PM, martin burns at martin at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> BBEdit (bundled with DW2/Mac - the DW3 bundle is crippleware) has a
> PageMill cleaner.
>
> I've not seen an FP cleaner, but Tidy claims to clean Word2k garbage. It
> doesn't make a very good job of it though...

I've found that a combination of DW cleaners, BBEdit cleaners and a final
shot with a couple regular expressions usually gets nasty HTML into
something usable.

Often, just BBEdit or just DW (depends on the generator of the HTML) with
the greps works great.  Saves a lot of time.

I haven't used Tidy all that much, so I can't comment on its ability to
clean, though I trust Martin.

bob

--

bob davis