[thelist] lasso/fmp headaches

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Mon Oct 9 16:48:05 CDT 2000

>What version of Lasso are you running?

looks like 3.5

>And they were working before? When was the last time he used them?

They were working the day before.

>Offically, the -9984 message means that you've requested a "format file with
>a suffix that isn't listed in the Lasso security settings" (from the Lasso
>Reference Manual).

Lasso Reference Manual: would be a nice thing to have.

>The other thing that will make that error show up (in my experience) is an
>incorrectly written path. From the error message you're getting, Lasso isn't
>even finding the database.
>
>In the add page, your form probably has three hidden fields that look
>something like this:
>
><form action="action.lasso" method="post" name="">
>   <input type="hidden" name="-Database" value="database.fp3">
>   <input type="hidden" name="-Layout" value="layout1">
>   <input type="hidden" name="-Response" value="addresponse.html">

These are the fields:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-database" VALUE="news01">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-layout" VALUE="News Release Entry">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-response"
VALUE="/news/nr_main/add_release-reply.html">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-addError"
VALUE="/news/nr_main/add_release-error.html">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="Category" VALUE="News Release">

>The other things to look at are specific to Lasso. Do you have the
>adminstrator password? Or the manual?

I think I have the password.
Is this the manual?

http://www.up.edu/Lasso/
(probably not.  it doesn't seem too helpful...)

Thanks so much, David.
If I can fix this problem it will help me buy time to fix about a hundred more.

Erika