[thelist] Need some s/w help

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 23:32:43 CDT 2000

> From: Jeff Lucido <jlucido at j2-digital.com>
>
> I am stuck in a weird spot and I need some help. I am working on a one-off
> project using Adobe Acrobat v4.0 (Win version). I started to have trouble
> today using the s/w. Some strange things were happening in the s/w causing
> the program to hang and ultimately the OS as well.

ok, i may laugh at myself when i see the answer, but what's "s/w"?

> I have a license and own a copy of Acrobat v4.0, however I am under a
> deadline and I cannot afford to wait for the s/w update to get here in a
> timely manner (they would not ship the s/w overnight for an extra fee, I
> asked already). Is there a kind sole out there that would not mind sharing a
> copy of their Acrobat v4.0.5 CD sans your licensing information? If so, I

ummm... i'm sure you can understand my trepidation in firing off a
CD (or a dupe)... so, can you tell me (us) what it is you're trying to
do?  i do have Acrobat 4.05a here, so perhaps it's something I can
help with?

> would be your indentured servant for life! I would even buy you a few rounds
> of beers if you are in/near Dallas (if not, then I will raise a pint in your
> honor). Please contact me off-list if you can help in any sort of fashion

i'd contact you off-list, but first i wanna see what it is you need, cuz
if others are confused like me, there may be others who can help
once they understand it...