[thelist] MPEG's from JPEG's

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Oct 12 02:34:20 CDT 2000

>  I am in need of a weird image compilation solution. What
>  I need to do is create a MPEG of a group of sequential
>  JPEG images located in a directory. Basically, what I am
>  doing is storing an image (with a time and date stamp)
>  twice per hour for a few hours per day in a special
>  directory on a webserver. I need a
>  script/program/miracle to create a MPEG of the JPEG
>  images at the end of the day.

This should be fairly simple to accomplish.

Ingredient 1: A Mac
Ingredient 2: Quicktime (Pro).
Ingredient 3: AppleScript.
Ingredient 4: A good FTP client (such as Anarchie - now Interarchy)

Pseudocode follows

Tell application interarchy
   log onto s with password and user
   Get listing for d
   Download files to folder f
end tell

Tell the Quicktime Player
   for i to the number of images in folder f
     create a new frame with the content of image[i]
     save  to f as MPEG without dependencies
     quit
end tell

Tell application Interarchy
    log onto s with password and user
    put MPEG to d
    quit
end tell

In theory, at least, but it should be quite practicable.

HTH.

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com