[thelist] Select *

Ashish india_design at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 11:33:32 CDT 2000

Hi,
   I remember some time back there was some mention about not using 'select
*' in a statement but using the exact columns. Went through the archives,
but am not able to find the exact reference. I did find Scott telling
someone not to use it but nothing more. I did some research and found this :
http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/selectstarisbad.asp
However, are there any other reasons besdides the one given in the above
article ? I need to enforce this and have to do some hard convincing, and
some solid reason which I can quote.
Regards and thanks,
Ashish