[thelist] login/logout

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Mon Oct 16 14:56:15 CDT 2000

This is great.  Thanks.

I'm asking because I'm dealing with

<rant>
a site designed by an outside agency, hired by the us.  (prior to my
arrival). It has a Cold Fusion back end.  I spent 3 hours last night
trying to clean up their HTML and adding alt tags so it would be more
degradable & accessible.  It wasn't all that it was all that
high-tech, just sloppy.  I expect to put many more hours into the
front end of this (very expensive and way over budget) whiz bang site.

While beta-testing, I was surprised that all my personal info
(address, phone, etc) was being displayed forever.  I asked & they
said they'd set it to time out after 6 hours.

6 hours??? seemed a bit long to me.  But then, no one thought to ask
this question before, I guess.

BTW these people get $115/hr for HTML production...for inaccessible
sites that won't display properly on any Mac browser.

These are the same sorts of companies that wouldn't give me the time
of day when I was looking for work.

yet again, I fail to make sense of the dot come world.
</rant>

Erika